Monday, April 20, 2009

Go Green for your next event!

Today was a special treat in many ways! First, my sister Carol drove down from Nocatee to take me out to lunch for my birthday. I'm not sure we have ever done this - it was so sweet. I suggested a new place that a friend just told me about, The Survey Cafe in Bonita Springs.

"Take a break at the Survey Cafe, and step back in time to when the City of Bonita Springs was known as Survey. Experience good old fashioned southern hospitality in this historic home turned Cafe. www.thesurveycafe.com"

Our time was so special, we sat on the porch and ate delicious vegie wraps and we sipped water out of "corncups"! These are cups made from corn that are compostable!

How fun would these cute little cups be at a "green" wedding or corporate event. Go green!

Corncups:

These clear corn plastic cups are 100% compostable. With the same look and feel as clear plastic cups, our PLA cups will completely compost under commercial composting conditions in just 45-60 days.

Made from corn, an annually renewable resource, NatureWorks PLA is a plastic-like resin that is fully biodegradable. NatureWorks has a heat tolerance of up to 110 degrees (F).

Why put your beverages in containers made from petroleum-based plastic? Your food comes from nature and now so does its packaging!

2 comments:

Sarah M said...

nice post! I think a green wedding would be great fun. One of the linen companies has a new eco friendly linen too.

The Old Life said...

I CANT WAIT TO GO THERE!!!

I am so excited that you brought me the menu!

:)