Saturday, June 20, 2009

Julie & Carlos get married!











Last Wednesday I had the privilege of coordinating the wedding for Julie & Carlos! We planned the wedding in about 6 weeks - it was great fun and Julie's mom and I became quick friends!

Julie & Carlos are a very endearing couple - Julie was a beautiful bride and I really noticed Carlos' tenderness towards her the day of the wedding. So awesome!

The ceremony was held at the 18th Ave S beach access in Naples. It was sooo hot, but the ceremony site was beautiful and simple. I was so busy I did not get any photos of it :( The colors were lime green and pink. We tied chair ties down the aisle and my husband (the florist - not) put bunches of green button poms in the "tie" - he did a great job.

The reception was held at Jane's Cafe on 3rd St & 13th Ave. It was a beautiful, quaint venue and I loved working with Paul and his staff. They were amazing and the food was wonderful - go have breakfast or lunch sometime and tell Paul I said "hi"!

Tonya Malay was the photographer and I enjoyed working with her and her staff and can't wait to see the photos. Sergei from Dolphin Transporation drove the trolley to transport the guests to and from Jane's Cafe to the beach. He did a great job. Nancy Joseph came the Julie's house and did "airbrush" makeup that is "sweat proof" - she did a beautiful job and Julie was beautiful all night long.

There were lots of little special touches that the bride and her mom added to make the day special. It was a hot one though! I don't think I have ever sweated like that before - ever! My husband was my assistant for this wedding and he did an amazing job.

Wedding planners should get together and write a book on funny things that happen - as the groom was walking across the sand to the "aisle" I noticed he had his cell phone in his pants (white linen) so I walked up to him and asked for it along with a bottle of cologne!!! Then as the matron of honor was walking, she came towards me slightly and whispered "we forgot the rings"! I quickly grabbed a fake ring out of the ER kit and then grabbed my husbands wedding band and gave them to the best man while the bride was walking down the aisle!!! I had to laugh. All in all it was a perfect day for the bride, the groom, their families, guests and Chandelier Productions!

No comments: