Saturday, August 13, 2011

Happy Fifth Anniversary Michael & Sarah!











































Five years ago my son, Michael, married his love, Sarah, and gave me the perfect daughter-in-love. Today I celebrate their marriage, their love, their faith and yes, their son and their daughter - I'm a proud Gramma!

Their wedding day was the best day ever! They had a destination wedding in Hendersonville, North Carolina at Camp Kanuga, an Episcopal family camp. Family and friends arrived on Friday, we partied and organized all day Saturday and the wedding was Sunday afternoon.

I helped Sarah's mom plan the wedding, I designed the flowers, my husband officiated the wedding and I enlisted two dear friends to execute the plan for me so I could focus on what God was doing in my family's life.

My friends that acted as the "day of coordinator" are two beautiful women, friends and former brides! There were so many details that fell into place. The church on the camp property was so beautiful and we walked down the hill to the lakeside pavilion for the reception. There was wine and Mountain Dew, a pasta bar, carrot cake and a Blue Grass band. We had a blast and the party continued all week.

I have so many memories from that day: praying for my son after he got dressed, the part of the ceremony when the parents prayed over the bride & groom, dancing the "Hokey Pokey" with my dad, arranging for a friend to hide Michael's Mini Cooper so no one could "decorate" it, and watching the newlyweds drive off into the sunset! I could go on and on with details, but these are good for now.

Happy Anniversary Michael & Sarah - I love you both!

1 comment:

LittleReece said...

Thank you! It was an awesome day... we couldn't have done it without you (in so many ways, without you, no groom, no wedding). xoxoxo