Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happy 1st Anniversary Stephen & Elizabeth! (repost)




































Last weekend my husband, Jim; daughter, Sarah; the amazing photographer, Ashley Brockinton and her lovely mother, Jill traveled to Lake George to celebrate the marriage of Stephen & Elizabeth! I was privileged to coordinate the details for the delightful and creative bride and my husband officiated the wedding. By Friday afternoon, I was in total "wedding mode" and was amazed at the wedding details that the bride organized.

Elizabeth works at Anthropologia in their "visual" department. She thought of everything and, with the help of friends, made everything: mustaches for the "guest book" photo "booth", brown paper bag table cloth "overlays", her dad cut the wood, she wrapped miscellaneous jars with twine, etc. She even made the cake topper out of twigs in the letter "B"!

The wedding was held at the YMCA at Silver Bay. The scenery was beautiful, the photo opps were many, the staff was outstanding - all in all - it is a great place for a destination wedding. Erin & Michelle went above and beyond to make this event extra special. Everything ran so smoothly and the food was delicious. The staff was very attentive and took care of all the details. Totally loved working with them. They have my highest recommendation - THANK YOU Erin & Michelle!

My favorite moment was when they started saying their vows and the groom began, "I, Stephen, take you Elizabeth ...." Stephen has waited a long time for God to bring him his wife. When he introduced her to us months ago, he said, "Wasn't she worth waiting for?" I was doing the "happy dance" in the back of the church.

Enjoy a few photos of the details - I can't wait to see Ashley Brockinton Photography's pics - I got a glimpse this weekend - you're gone just flip!!!!

No comments: